Monday, October 27, 2014

Jack-o-Lantern Mason Jar Display


Hi Folks! I hope you had a great weekend. I was busy, lots for crafting on Saturday and Sunday.... my first trip the Elephants Trunk Flea Market in New Milford, CT. I will tell you all about it in a later post. Let just say I will be heading back there.

About a month back I showed you how to make Jack-o-lanterns Mason Jar (see here for tutorial). Today I am going to show you the display I created with them. 

I purchased a salvaged plank of wood from Urban Miners. Formed out of a commitment to environmental and social sustainability, Urban Miners salvages building materials and household goods to pass on to people who are rehabbing or repurposers, like me, at affordable prices. You could spend hours in this shop. The doors, oh the doors, from newer to one you don't see everyday. Same goes for their collection of windows and wood. From boards to decorative beams it really is a feast for the eyes. 


Back to my build, I bought a decorative knob from Hobby Lobby and attached it to the top for decoration. Next, using hose clamps, I spaced them out and attached with screws. My Hubby made a drill hole in the hose clamp first. Once attached I painted them orange so the wouldn't stand out. 

Now it's time to attach the jack-o-lantern mason jars. This is so easy, just slip the jar into the hose clamp and tighten the screw. 

Once all 3 were attached I put in flameless votive candles in each jar. 

Here is how it will look in the day. 


And at night. 

Ohhhh So Scary..... 

Check back later this week to see how I used this in my outside fall decor. The best part is you can change out the mason jars to fit the season. I already have thanksgiving ones ready to go (see how I made those here

Have you used mason jars for crafting? If so how? 

   Have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment