My parents are coming up from Florida to celebrate the holidays with me, the Hubby, and Otis. Our home is all a buzz with anticipation. I see a lot of spoiling in Otis's future... lol.
Today I have a real quick and easy recipe for a candy treat. I am not kidding you, I mean this is really, really easy, the perfect recipe for a busy time of year.
It only requires 3 ingredients, there are no bowls to mess, no special kitchen gadget needed, and practically no clean-up. Are you ready?
Here is what you will need:
- Salted Pretzels (I used the waffle kind, but the traditional shape works just as well)
- Bag of Rolos Candy
- Bag of Pecan Halves
Here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil (that way there is no clean up). Line your pretzels on the cookie sheet. Unwrap the Rolos (this is probably the hardest part (not really), but if you have little one this is a perfect job for them). Place 1 Rolo in the center of the pretzel.
- Pop them into the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and smush (yes I said smush) a pecan half into the melted Rolo candy.
- Then let cool. If you like you can pop them into the fridge for about 10-20 minutes. If you do after removing from the fridge let them warm up a bit before eating so the caramel is not too hard.
Did I not tell you this was an easy peasy recipe and they taste amazing!
Mom & Dad can't wait until you are here to taste them.... YUM!
Are there any short cut recipes you like to make?