Monday, October 13, 2014

For the Love of Autumn

Hi All! The Hubby and I just returned from a fantastic vacation in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. The autumn color was at its finest. I will detail more of our trip in later posts. Today, I am highlighting my favorite time of year with images I took on our vacation. Enjoy.
 
One of the most magically seasons of the year for me is autumn. From the wonderful autumn smells, to the cozy comfort meals made in my crock-pot, to taking out my fleece blanket for cuddling on the couch with a great book, I love everything about the fall. And don't get me started on the baking... pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin dip, oh my. 

The fall weather is what the Hubby and I look forward to, it can be dream-like. It's almost as if the perfect mix of sun and clouds, with a slight chill, was combined together to create the best weather ever. From the warm days, to the cool nights, and the abundance of color as the leaves change, is what makes the fall season so intoxicating! I wish I could live in a perpetual state of fall. 

Now, can we talk color, I talking the amazing, brilliant colors of fall. Being that red is my favorite color, it should come as no surprise that the colors of fall is my favorite palette. To me it symbolizes warmth, like nature is giving you a big cozy hug. I could not imaging living in a place that doesn't have a fall season. 

Here are some of my favorite pictures I took on our leaf peeping vacation with some lovely quotes about autumn. 

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~ George Eliot


Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower. ~ Albert Camus 

Autumn, the year's last, loveliest smile. ~ William Cullen Bryant 


Autumn burned brightly, a running flame through the mountains, a torch flung to the trees. ~ Faith Baldwin

Every leaf speaks bliss to me, Fluttering from the autumn tree. ~ Emily Bronte

God is quite the artist, he paints a canopy, adding splashes of color for everyone to see. ~ Unknown


Stop and enjoy the colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment