Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Goodwill Transformation

Happy Wednesday! If you have visited in the past you might know that today is my first day at my new job. The start of a new career. I am excited and looking forward to the possibilities.

As I mentioned earlier I found a few goodies at Goodwill and did not know what my plan was for them. I decided to start with the wood cutting board, using DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish,  Crème Wax, and a stencil I transformed the tired looking cutting board to a cutie little sign.


Here is what I did.

I first gathered up my supplies: 
  • DecoArt Americana Decor Chalky Finish in Everlasting and Carbon
  • DecoArt Americana Decor Crème Wax in Deep Brown
  • Americana Gloss Enamels Stick-On Stencils in Country

I gave the cutting board a very good washing and let dry. I then give the front a light sanding as there you cut marks that were visible. Then I painted it with 2 coats of the Everlasting.

Once dried I distressed some of the edges to give it a worn look.


I then choose the stencil I wanted to use and placed it on the board. I applied the Carbon color with a sponge dauber.



For the finishing touch I then covered the entire board with the Crème Wax, wiping it off more in some place than others.

Here is the finished piece. I love how the dark wax makes the carved flower and boarder more pronounced.



Quite a transformation! 

This was such a quick and easy project which gives a new fresh look to a tired old piece.

Have you transformed a Goodwill find lately? If so I would love to hear about it.

               Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment