Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Placemat Transformation...



I love to decorate for the different holidays. It adds a little festiveness to our home. One of the easiest ways to bring some holiday spirit into a room is by adding a decorative pillow. But they can be very expensive. Then I found these great DIY tutorials on turning a placemat into a pillow. How awesome is this. I can get my decorative holiday pillow at a fraction of the cost. Best part is you can get them after the holiday on clearance and save them for next year. 

Here is how I did mine. 

What you will need:
  • Placemat (that has two layers of fabric sewn together)
  • Seam ripper
  • Stuffing
  • Needle and thread or fabric glue 

Directions: 
Start with your placemat.

Take your seam ripper and rip the seam out of the bottom of the placemat just large enough to fit your hand through. 

Then start stuffing and stuff again!!! Make sure to push the stuffing into the corners to fill them out… put in enough to make it puffy, but not too much that the seams are stretched.

Once you are done stuffing sew up the opening (or you can use fabric glue). I chose to hand sew it closed. Ta-da you are done!!! (See easy as pie!)

Now, I think I'll make a few more and come September I will be all tricked out for the fall!
What touches do you add to your home for the holiday?

       Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment