Monday, February 23, 2015

an Idaho Sunrise

Hi Friends! I hope you had a great weekend. We survived yet another 6" of snow. Who would have thought our warmest day yet, a mere 42 degrees, would have brought us snow. Now we are back down into arctic temperatures. My word has this been a cold winter.

I am not one to eat breakfast during the week, my tummy seems to take a while to wake up. So on the weekends I like to make a late breakfast for me and the Hubby. I love to cook and I am always on the hunt for new recipes. 

I stumbled across this recipe on my friends Facebook page. I admit…I was initially drawn to it because I though it looked pretty interesting. (I love anything in a “bowl”!) But I was won over by how incredibly simple this recipe was to put together. And the fact that the Hubby said, "You have to make those!"

This is definitely a fun twist on the typical eggs, bacon and hash browns. Plus, this is a great way to use up leftover baked potatoes, or you can bake them ahead of time, or right before you need them. 

Idaho Sunrise (Baked Eggs & Bacon in a Potato Bowl) 

INGREDIENTS: 
2 large baked potatoes (cooked) 
1 Tbsp. butter, melted
2 eggs 
2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled 
2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar or any cheese of your liking
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped 
salt and freshly ground black pepper 

DIRECTIONS: 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Lay the first baked potato on its side, and use a knife to carefully cut off the top third of the potato. 
  3. With a spoon, hollow out the middle of the potato to make a "bowl", leaving the potato as thick or thin as you'd like. (Just remember, the more room you leave, the more room for eggs, bacon and cheese!) Repeat with the second potato. 
  4. Brush inside of each potato with melted butter and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese into each potato and add fillings as desired (vegetables, diced meat, etc.)  
  5. Fill each potato about 3/4 full.  
  6. Crack one egg into each potato.  Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper.  
  7. Top with additional cheese and toppings if desired.
  8. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, or until the egg whites are set. 
  9. Serve immediately. 


Try this Idaho Sunrise recipe today! 
They turned out so delicious, your morning favorites in a brand new package! You'll love it! 

Happy Monday,

No comments:

Post a Comment