Monday, September 8, 2014

Unlocking a Mystery


Hi All! I hope you had a fabulous weekend! We did, the weather started off hot and humid but by Sunday it was in the 70s and dry. I was busy getting my craft on all weekend long. I completed some projects that I will display in the coming days.

Today, I wanted to share with you a little skeleton key love. There is something about an old key I find intriguing. Did it come from a far away place? What kind of door did it once open? Was it a door to a house or a gate to a yard? Did it unlock a great treasure hidden inside a trunk? I wonder what stories those keys would tell if they could speak. 

When walking around the North Haven Flea & Farmers Market, I came across a vendor that had some old keys for sale. I was drawn to them immediately, and since he only wanted $10.00 for all 4, they were coming home with me. 

Aren’t they just gorgeous? I was told the large key at the top was a key to a gate. But the others are a mystery....

Now I am hoping these keys will unlock a unique and creative idea to re-purpose them in a decor piece. In what ways have you used skeleton keys in your own home? I’d love to hear about it! 

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment