Monday, September 15, 2014

Crafting with Milk Bottles


Hi Friends! Today I have a fun and easy project for you.

I love strolling around a craft store. I find myself there at least once a week. I can spend hours strolling the aisles, there are so many wonderful creative things to be found. We'll to my excitement I read that a new Hobby Lobby store will be opening up in the town near I work (there is already one in the town I live in). I am so excited by this news, though I can't say my hubby is, you see, my lunch hours will never be the same! On one particular stroll thought the aisles of Michaels I came across these milk bottles.

They are so cute they had to come with me. Now you know I love mason jars for decorating (read it here), I wondered could this be the next new thing? 

Here is what I did with them. Using my DecoArt Americana Chalk Paint, I mixed Romance with a little nit of Relic to make a deep red color. 

I taped off the bottle just bellow the neck using frog Tape. 

Then I took my dubber and using the red I painted the bottom half of the bottle. 

I removed the tape before to was completely dry. Then I set them aside to dry thoroughly. 

Once dried I added some twine cord along the top rim and a wooden button. To finish sprayed them with satin enamel to protect the paint. Aren't they just adorable? 

Have you found these little milk bottles in your craft store? If so how have you used them? 

Happy crafting 

No comments:

Post a Comment