Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Rain Upon the Roof

Hi All! We had some strong thunderstorms come through last night. Here is what our weather report looked like. See that red section, that was right over us. Boy did that rain come down hard, lightening was bright and thunder was roaring.

When I was a kid thunderstorms scared me. I even had a stuffed pillow people called Thunder Cloud. Ok, if I am going to be honest I got him in my late teens. As a matter of fact he is one of the things I have saved from my childhood and he is stored in a trunk in my attic.
I would lay in bed hugging him and counting the time between the lightening and the thunder to see if the storm was moving away. Did you do that as a kid? I remember seeing that tip in Poltergeist, tho it didn't turn out to well for Robbie. Stupid clown… why are clowns so scary? But I digress.

Nowadays there is something soothing about a thunderstorm (tho sometimes still scary). Like the one that came through last night. I get to cuddle on the couch with my Hubby and Puppy, watching some tv, listening to the rhythmic sound of the rain hitting the roof.

It causes me to reflect upon how blessed I am and how fortune I am to be in this moment.  

Which reminds me of a song we played at our wedding, here is just the first verse...

EDWIN MCCAIN - I Could Not Ask For More
Lying here with you
Listening to the rain
Smiling just to see the smile upon your face
These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more


Hope the sun is shining in your next of the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment