Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sprucing up for Spring

Boy it has been a long winter in New England. Our tulips are just blooming. Better late than never. I have been itching to spruce up with some spring decor and add a little umph to our living space. I am starting in the living & dining room with my mantel and dining table. 

Here is my spring mantel. On the left is during the day and on the right is a night.
Letters are thick cardboard that I wrapped with jute twine. I found these cute little tin pots at the Dollar Tree. I used one on my mantel and added flowers to it. The sign is from Kohl's. Lantern from Pier 1. The ball is a Styrofoam ball that I wrapped with jute twine. The candle stick is a Styrofoam cylinder also wrapped with jute twine then I added burlap to the top and bottom. 

Here is my Table Centerpiece.

 
Here I used the other tin pot with a small boxwood topiary ball in it. The tray came from Hobby Lobby. My burlap runner I purchases on Etsy from HomesteadBurlaps. All candles are from my stash and they all have a timer feature. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment