Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Oh yeah what a Score!

Hi everyone.  Last December I treated myself to a Silhouette America Portrait Cutting Machine. I was getting to a creative funk and they were running this awesome special, so I splurged. Since then I have been doing some small projects to get familiar with the machine. There are so many things you can do with the Sihouette, it can seem overwhelming. So I figured I would start with a simple vinyl lettering project, a vegetable basket. 
 
I spotted this crate basket on Joss and Main, it was listed 2 for $52.00. 
Kind of steep. But oh so cute, just look at the chalkboard slate on the front. 

We’ll one day I was walking through Home Goods... When, what to my wondering eyes should appear but the exact same crate basket I was looking for, only it was $13.00 ea. Oh yeah what a score! I could barely contain myself as I made my way to the cashier. Best part I only need 1 basket, since that was all that would fit on my counter.

I pondered a few days on what to put on the slate. Then with a plan in hand I got to work. The Silhouette comes with a design program, so I played around with fonts and such. I then printed the text in white adhesive vinyl. Sorry, I didn’t take during pictures since I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. Silhouette gives you directions on how to use the vinyl and transfer paper to be able to apply the graphics. It’s pretty simple. Just look at the finished project. I just love it!


Have any of you used a Silhouette or Cricut for vinyl lettering?

Happy Hunting!








I was not asked by Silhouette to review or comment on the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment