Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bring on Spring – My Burlap Banner

With hopes of seeing signs of spring I am starting to do a little spring/easter decorating around the house. More to come on the final result in a later post.

I did make a burlap banner for my mantel. 

I rounded up some supplies:


Using my silhouette machine I created and cut out carrots and bunnies. In measuring my mantel I decided to do 4 carrots and 3 bunnies.


 I used wavy green ribbon to symbolize the carrot greens. 

I measured out the twine and then taking each triangle, I folded over the edge over the twine and sewed a hem.  You can sew the hem on all and then feed the twine through, but I found this way easier.


Once all 7 were completed I hot glued on the bunnies and carrot, alternating. 

And here you go my Burlap Easter Banner.
 

Stay tuned for my entire mantel display.


Have a great day!
 
I'm linking up at 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment