Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Beef Stew

Bring on Spring.

Though I am looking forward to the warmer weather, there are certain aspects of the chilly weather I will miss. Like a warm cozy pot of Beef Stew. What is it about a stew that conjures up warm feelings, good memories, and love.

I usually make my stew in a crock pot. That way when I am either at work or busy around the house it is brewing and I don't have to baby sit it. Today for the first time I am using my Ninja Kitchen System that my husband bought for my birthday. I love it. It is a stove top, oven, and slow cooker all in one. I set it to stove top to brown the meat, then set it to slow cooker, add the rest of the ingredients. Done. No skillet to clean.


Here is how I make mine.
 

I first coat the beef in flour and then brown in a skillet.

While that is going I chop vegetables: potatoes, celery, carrots, and onions. 

Once the beef is browned on all sides I add in the vegetables, beef stock, can of diced tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, and seasonings. 

Set the slow cooker to low (or high if pressed for time) and let it go. 


Here is my official recipe:

Ingredients
  • 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
  • 5 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch
  • 5 piece celery rib, cut into 1/2 inch
  • 2  Medium potatoes, cut into chunks
  • 2  Medium onions, cut into wedges
  • 1 Cup drained diced tomatoes
  • 3 Cup beef broth
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
Directions
  1. Coat stew meat in flour, add to pre-heated skillet and brown on all sides
  2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, add in browned stew mean and remaining ingredients.
  3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.


HAVE A GREAT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment