Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Leap of Faith

Hi all! I hope your first week of the new year is going well. 

Sorry, I have been a little absent as I was laid off from my job on December 30 after 14 years. I have not been unemployed since 1992, so the beginning of my new year has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. From scary, to a little bit of self-doubt, and then to great optimism. 


I am hoping to start doing some freelance graphic design from my home. The hope is that this will turn into a great opportunity where I can focus more time on my blog and crafting.

Filing for unemployment is an experience in itself. There's a certain day you have to call to file and when you do you're told to call back later there are too many people holding. Which can be so frustrating. I did finally get through and spent 1 hour and 43 minutes on hold. I believe my lesson in this is patience, which I must confess, I sometimes don't have. 

So I ask you, dear readers, to please send some good wishes and even some prayers my way that this brand-new career adventure will be a success. 

Thank you
Luanne

4 comments:

  1. You are certainly in my prayers for God to keep you safe as He guides you in this new direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your most recent post Luanne, and want to offer my condolences on the loss of your grandmother. Grandmothers are very special people, and I know you must be sad, but she's your angel now.

    Losing a job can be a blow...to our ego and sense of self. I know because I've lost more than my fair share. But it was ALWAYS for the best, and it will be for you too.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete