Monday, June 30, 2014

My First Build.... a Toolbox

Hi Everyone!
After seeing some great inspiration on Pinterest, I decided that for my first "build" project I would try building my own wooden toolbox. 

I started with a plank of wood from a pallet I found for free. 

My Hubby helped me cut down the board into 1 - 12" and 2 - 18" pieces. I used wood putty on the pallet wood pieces to fill in nail holes. I then sanded down all the sides until smooth. 

I had ordered, off Amazon, a bundle of 12" straight cut paint stirrers, using 4 for this project. 

I stained all pieces with Minwax Wood Finish in Dark Walnut 2716.
 


Then we assembled. 
 First attaching the sides to the base using wood screws.

 Then we attached the wood stirrers to the sides using a brad nailer.

I used a tree branch for the handle. I striped the bark and sanded till smooth.

And there you have your very own toolbox.

Sharing with the following:
Refresh Restyle – Inspiration Monday
Coastal Charm – Show and Share
Creatively Living – Monday Funday
DIY showoff – That DIY
Cozy Little House – Tweak it Tuesday
MsMoozys Open House – Tuesday with a Twist
We Call it Junkin – History and Home
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesday
Someday Crafts – Whatever Goes Wednesday
Lamberts Lately – Create it Thursday
The Cottage Market – Junkin Joe

4 comments:

  1. HA ! That's too cute...my little grandson would steal that from you in a nanosecond! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful project! Thanks for sharing this at History & Home this week, take care: Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I was my first wood project. I was so thrilled when it was done and I actually built it.

    ReplyDelete