Friday, May 22, 2015

Brimfield Antiques Show... a Jaw Dropping Event

Hi All! Sorry I have been MIA lately. The new job and freelancing have been keeping me busy, but I love every minute of it. The only downside - not enough time to dedicate to crafting or blogging. Tho I am hoping as I get into the flow of things I will be able to carve out a little time for creating.

Well last weekend the Hubby and I went to the Brimfield Antique Show in Brimfield, MA. This was our first time. OMG!!! I have never seen anything like this... amazing!!

But first a little history...

Since 1959, Brimfield, Massachusetts has been the Antique and Collectibles Capital of the United States. Today, there are 21 independent shows and thousands of dealers. As the premiere hot spot for antiquing and collecting in America, Brimfield attracts people from around the world. Rare and unusual items can be found as buyers search through history’s great marketplace. There is excitement among shoppers getting caught up in the spirit of antiquing and the thrill of the hunt. All booths offer a diversified range of antiques and collectibles. Dealers are knowledgeable about their specialties and eager to share their expertise. Brimfield is a veritable adventure in history. Expect to see things rarely seen anywhere else in the world. The Brimfield Antique Flea Markets happens three times a year: May, July and September. Each event has it’s own individual feel.

We both had last Friday off so we took off about 8 in the morning for the show, MapQuest estimated that it would be about 1.5 hour drive. We were making great time until we were about 5 miles away. We sat in traffic for almost an hour.  Not deterred we finally made our way to the mile long antique show. Vendors as far as the eye could see!!!

We pulled into the New England Motel & Antiques Market and we were lucky as we scored the last spot. The parking attendant was so friendly and helpful, he gave us the rundown of the show and other tidbits. This event also has a bunch of food trucks along the road. There was such a great variety, from hot dogs and burgers to paninis and mac & cheese. Of course we had to do a little bit of tasting. We settled on a chicken wrap and later an ice cream cone.  
Now onto the shopping...



As we starting walking through the NE Motel market, WOW, what a feast for the eyes and a bit overwhelming. There was such cool stuff. If I only had a bigger home I could have done a lot of damage. 

Below are some photos I took of different vendors, most speak for themselves...

I snagged these beauties, they are made out of kitchen utensils... amazing right?




The next few pictures come from a vendor's tent, McLaren's Interiors.
They had the most amazing stuff I could have bought a ton of stuff here, but refrained since there is not much room left in the condo to store anything. Here are a few of the items they offered..




I could have bought everyone of these!!!

And now for the item that really made my head swoon! One of my many dreams is to have a farmhouse with a big kitchen and this will sit right in the middle...



Come now doesn't that just take your breath away... I must have stood there for about 15 minutes just imaging storing potatoes and onions in a few of those metal draws. The family gathered around the island laughing and feasting. This will be going into my dream house idea book.

Well if you are around the NE area and have not experience Brimfield it should be put on your bucket list.

Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment