Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Christmas Home Tour

Hi All! Are the holidays sneaking up on you faster and faster. I certainly feel that way. We decorated our entire downstairs Thanksgiving weekend and I have spent the past week tweaking everything.

We will start here with our tree. It is an artificial prelit tree. I used a burlap sack to cover the stand. The wooden wagon we bought at a Christmas craft fair. The reindeer was a recent purchase at Walmart. My refinished stool is behind the wagon (read about it here) and Santa sits on top.
Wooden ornaments and ones we have collected during our travels decorate the tree

Wall above the couch
Mantle with the stockings hung with care
This is the opening between the kitchen and living room
The opening between the living room and dining room we hung garland and large ornaments and snowflakes
This is the side of the opening by our staircase, we added a lantern here
My display of crates and Decor Steal finds
The ceramic tree and another hand-me-down favorite
Table centerpiece filling my dough tough with ornaments, pinecones, and a flameless candle
Last but not least, on my buffet table, the Nativity Scene, read about its meaning to me here

Well I hope you enjoyed the tour. How have you decorated your home for the season?

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you were one busy lady Thanksgiving weekend! Very pretty displays, especially your tree with the reindeer from Walmart. It's amazing how many charming items the big box stores have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doreen, thanks you do much for the compliment. I just fell in love with the reindeer. And you are right, I was shocked..Walmart of all places, and only $12.88. What a score. Have a fantastic holiday season.

      Delete