Monday, August 11, 2014

Strolling Around a Craft Fair


Hi All! We were blessed with some great weather this weekend so the Hubby and I went to a few local craft fairs. I love checking out any kind of fair. You never know what you may find. The ideas that some people have are awe inspiring. 

Our first fair was in Clinton, CT. The Clinton Summer Fair at the First Church of Christ. Celebrating its 61st year. This is a great little fair offering handmade items, a silent auction, white elephant tent and a live auction. They also have great food vendors. Though I did not purchase anything here, the Hubby and I had a great time walking around and enjoyed a fresh donut and lemonade. 

Next we went to the Guilford Lions Craft Fair Festival on the scenic Guilford Town Green. An annual event for 17 years. There were crafters from all forms of crafts including woodwork, jewelry, glass, paintings, photography, weaving, etc. Exhibitor booths are arranged along the paved walkways under the shade trees on the east half of the Green. The town green is also ringed by stores, restaurants, galleries, shops, churches, etc. 

This is where I found my gem. I spotted it from across the pathway. The booth was home to an old man, who reminded me of my late Grandpa, selling hand crafted wooden carts, wooden bird houses on poles, wooden pickup trucks, etc. 

This is what came home with me ...

It was only $20.00. What steal and from a wonderful man with a cute smile. 

In my excitement over the wheelbarrow I forgot to take some pictures of him and his booth. 

Happy Monday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment